Same day emergency dentist appointments
Emergency Dental Treatment FAQ
What is a dental emergency?
A dental emergency is when you require treatment as soon as possible in order to prevent long term complications or permanent damage. This can also be when the level of pain experienced cannot wait for a routine appointment.
Can you give me examples of a dental emergency?
- You should contact a dentist immediately if you experience any of the following.
- Heavy bleeding from the mouth
- Swelling in or around the mouth
- Have had a tooth knocked out
- A dental infection where over the counter pain relief cannot control the affliction
What is not classed as a dental emergency?
Examples of non-emergency dental treatment include;
- A chipped or broken tooth
- Broken dentures
- Minor toothache
- Sensitive teeth
- Filling replacements that do not cause severe pain
All the ailments above will require a standard dental appointment, where the dentist will assess the issue and advise accordingly.
What to do if you have a dental emergency
If you need an emergency dentist outside of our regular working hours, you should contact Cheslyn Hay Dental on 01922 663 714.
If you have sustained a trauma that has knocked out a tooth, find the tooth and try to insert it. However, do not try to reinsert baby teeth.
If you have chipped a tooth or have a broken tooth, this is not a dental emergency. Store the tooth in milk and see the dentist as soon as you can, in normal working hours. If you have cracked a tooth, you can clean your mouth with warm water.
How to contact us
If you need an emergency dentist, you can call 01922 414 372, and we will do our best to resolve your dental pain as soon as possible.
Emergency Dentist For Cannock & Walsall
If you need an emergency dentist in Walsall or Cannock, Cheslyn Hay Dental Practice is here to help. We offer same-day emergency dental care because we understand the tremendous amount of pain that toothache can cause. Furthermore, seeing a dentist straight away is vital to preventing further problems.
Registered or non-registered patients of the practice our out-of-hours dentist is here for you. We have the policy to offer you a same-day appointment if possible. Our urgent emergency dental care service is your lifeline if you have:
- An abscess inside your mouth, usually following an oral infection
- Excessive bleeding from the location of a recent extraction
- A broken or cracked and painful tooth
- The loss of a tooth following an accident
- A need for an emergency extraction
If you are searching for an out-of-hours emergency dentist, we can offer the specialised treatment and care you need. As a private family dental practice, our team is also highly-trained in the care of nervous or anxious patients.
What to expect from your emergency dentist
When you choose Cheslyn Hay Dental Practise, our emergency dental care offers:
- Patient treatment with empathy and professionalism
- A full diagnosis of the issue will be presented for treatment and a further care plan
- A calm and relaxing environment to help ease any apprehension
- Referral to specialist services where required, while also providing temporary relief from the dental pain presented
How much does emergency dental care cost?
Cheslyn Hay Dental Practice is a fully private dental surgery. The cost for any emergency dental care would carry an initial fee of £49 plus any additional treatment costs. For example, an extraction starts from £95 (please note these prices are for guidance). We always discuss the cost of treatment before moving forward with any procedures. You can also take advantage of our DenPlan Essentials scheme. If you have a dental emergency out of hours, please call our helpline on 01922 414372.
Emergency Dentist in Walsall
If you have a dental emergency out of hours, please call our helpline on 01922 414372.
Make an Enquiry